Chicken & Mushroom Rice Casserole
It is a pretty inexpensive meal and uses what I typically always have in my pantry and freezer so it is one I make frequently.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (is also good with thighs)
- 1/2 Tbsp
- rosemary, dried
- 2 tsp
- basil, dried
- few dash(es)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- onion flakes, or about 1/4 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 8oz pkg
- yellow rice
- 1 can(s)
- family size, cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c
- button mushrooms, diced or 1 small can mushrooms
- ritz or other buttery crackers, crushed (optional)
Cook until chicken is done. Reserve the broth.
If desired, cut chicken into strips or chunks, I typically keep them whole.
Pour over soup mixture and sprinkle crushed Ritz or buttery crackers (never saltines!) over it.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until it starts to bubble.
Allow to set about 5 minutes before serving.