Chicken Enchilada Casserole
you will want to double it up... for left overs and trust me you will want left overs lol
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin bite-size strips
- medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can(s)
- (18.5 oz) progresso® light southwestern-style vegetable soup
- 1/4 c
- uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 oz
- fat-free cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp
- old el paso® fat-free refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/3 c
- shredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese
1# Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken and bell pepper over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until chicken begins to brown and bell pepper is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin.
# 2 Stir in soup. Heat to boiling. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
# 3 Stir cream cheese into chicken mixture until well blended. Spread 1 tablespoon of the refried beans on 1 tortilla; place, beans side up, in bottom of ungreased 1-quart casserole. Top with 1 cup chicken mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Repeat 2 times. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
# 4 Cover; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is hot and cheese is melted.
2Make the casserole up to 24 hours ahead of baking, and store covered in the refrigerator. Since you'll be baking a cold casserole, expect the bake time to be a few minutes longer.