Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole
- 8 ounce cans pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 10 3/4 oz
- cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 c
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- 18% table cream (or use whipping cream)
- 4 oz
- cream cheese (very soft)
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (very soft but not melted)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- garlic powder (optional)
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped onion
- 2 large
- cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 c
- finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 2-4 Tbsp
- mayonnaise or 2-4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1-2 c
- grated cheddar cheese (for topping)
2. Butter a casserole dish (any size to hold crescent rolls)
3. In a saucepan, mix half and half cream, 3/4 cup grated cheese (can use more cheese if desired) and undiluted chicken soup (can season with black pepper if desired)
4. Heat just until the cheese melts (do not boil)
6. Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese, mix well until combined
7. Add in 2 tablespoons whipping cream or mayonnaise, mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems too dry)
8. Season with seasoned salt or white and black pepper to taste.
9. Unroll the crescent rolls
10. Place 1 heaping tablespoon chick mixture (or a little more) on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
11. Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the dish. Just enough to cover bottom, I have found out that too much will make the crescents soggy.
12. Then place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
13. Drizzle the remaining sauce on top (you don't have to use the full amount of cream sauce, just use as much as desired) and sprinkle with 1 cup (or more) grated cheese, or amount desire.
14. Bake for about 30 minutes