Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pieces-chicken thighs, and/or legs
- 1/2-1 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 2-3 medium
- bell peppers, red/green/yellow, sliced into strips
- 8 oz
- fresh mushrooms, thick sliced or quartered
- 3-4 clove
- garlic-minced, equivilent to 1 tbsp
- 1/4 c
- red wine(optional) or chicken broth
- bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 26 oz
- tomatoes, crushed, canned-or 2 smaller cans whole plum tomatoes, broken up with your hands. you can drain the juice first, if you want less liquid in the finished product.
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh basil leaves
- 1/2-1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
SEASON CHICKEN, DREDGE IN FLOUR AND BROWN IN LARGE SKILLET, OR DUTCH OVEN. REMOVE TO A PLATE(DUTCH OVEN METHOD) OR PLACE IN CROCK POT.
ADD TO PAN, AND STIR COOKING 1-2 MINUTES
DEGLAZE PAN - ADD AND SCRAPE UP ANY BITS ON THE PAN, POUR OVER CHICKEN IN CROCK POT/ADD CHICKEN BACK IN TO DUTCH OVEN
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS TO CROCK POT/DUTCH OVEN OVER CHICKEN. COVER AND COOK 4 HRS ON HIGH/6-8 HRS ON LOW. USE HEAVY LID ON DUTCH OVEN AND BAKE AT 325 3-4 HOURS.
ADJUST SEASONING/SALT AND PEPPER. SERVE OVER PASTA OR RICE
3Deglaze with wine or broth, stirring to bring up any bits stuck on the pan. Pour over the chicken in the crock pot. For dutch oven, add chicken back in.
4Add remaining ingredients over the chicken/veg mix.
In crock pot, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or 4 hours on high.
In dutch oven, cover with heavy/tight lid and bake at 325 for 3-4 hours.
Serve over cooked pasta or rice.