Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- whole cooked chicken, deboned and shredded (you can use a fresh chicken you cook and debone yourself or buy a whole deli-roasted chicken)
- 2 or 3
- large heads of broccoli, boiled and cut up (or you can use 2 bags frozen steamable broccoli or even a bag of frozen broccoli, your choice)
- large family size cream of chicken soup (or 3 sm cans)
- 1 c
- mayonnaise (you can use light, fat-free, or reduced fat, or full flavor; your choice)
- ¼ c
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- curry powder
- 1 pkg
- (small bag) peppridge farm herb-seasoned stuffing (not stuffing mix in a box)
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
1Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large glass baking dish (9x13), place shredded chicken in bottom as evenly as you can.
2Place tender broccoli over chicken in casserole dish.
3In med bowl mix soup, mayo, chicken broth, and curry powder until well combined (by hand not mixer). Spread this mixture over the chicken and broccoli in casserole dish.
4In med bowl mix stuffing and cheese until combined and THEN pour melted butter over this and MIX AGAIN (I use my hands to make sure it is mixed well). Pour this into the casserole dish making the topping, covering the entire top all the way side to side.
5Place in preheated oven and cook forty five minutes or until top is golden brown! It can take up to one hour depending on your oven. You can also cover with foil and cook for forty five minutes then uncover and let cook until top browns. Just need to make sure it is heated in center - if it isn't and it is brown on top then cover and cook a little longer if need be.
6THIS RECIPE is awesome and easy. EVERYONE asks me for it when they try it. PPL that don't like broccoli usually LOVE this recipe. It has such a distinctive taste and OH SO GOOD that it tastes down home good and like you slaved for a long time. NOT! Travels well too. Feeds crowds or a family. THE NEXT DAY IS EVEN BETTER since it allows all the flavors to marry overnight in the fridge and makes it even THAT MUCH BETTER so make sure you save a couple pieces to try the next day! MMMMMMMmmmmm