Cheezy Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Casserole
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 c
- uncooked, white rice
- 1 small
- can chicken broth
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, or cream of chicken broccoli soup
- 1 - 1/2 c
- 2 bunch
- fresh broccoli cut into pieces ( par cooked a few minutes in boiling salted water , or 10 - 12 ounce bag frozen broccoli flourets, thawed
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- minced, dried onion
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded, cheddar cheese
- salt, pepper for chicken
- sleeve ritz crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- paprika ( optional )
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder ( optional )
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste, or whatever seasoning you want to add.
Now, add the chicken and broccoli.
Pour into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over casserole.
Remove foil. Sprinkle crumbs atop the casserole.
Continue baking till golden brown and bubbling. Check for rice tenderness.
If still tough remain baking till tender. Check the center of casserole, as the edges bake sooner than the center.