Chicken Noodle Soup My Way
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3-4 pound whole chicken, poached, and deboned
- swanson, flavor booster liquid packets(chicken flavored)
- 8 - 10 c
- chicken stock, i use broth from poaching chicken
- 1 can(s)
- 10 3/4 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- chicken soup base..i use bellview savory chicken, or you can use 2-3 bouillion cubes, depends on how deep you want the chicken flavor of the stock
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tsp
- celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- stalks of celery, chopped small
- carrots, sliced thin
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- 1/2 small
- butternut squash, peeled and 1 in cubes
- 2 clove
- garlic minced
- 1-2 Tbsp
- oil to sautee veggies
- 1 - 16 oz
- bag of kluski noodles
2In a large pot place the whole chicken, bay leaves, cover with water, make sure its fully covered. Bring the chicken to a boil, then lower the heat, and simmer for 45 min to 1 hr,till almost falling off the bones.
When done, carefully remove the chicken from the broth, set aside to cool. Skim any unwanted froth from the broth. Remove the bay leaves.
4When chicken is cool, chop or tear into bite sized pieces.
Add the flavor booster or boullion cubes, thyme, celery salt, pepper, salt, cream of chicken soup, stir well. This is where I taste the broth for more salt or boullion. Depending on your preference. I like a lot of chicken flavor.
Now add the cooked veggies, chicken,parsley,and noodles to the broth.
Simmer till everything is heated through.