BEANS AND WEINERS BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD -- BONNIE'S
Bonnie ^O^ @Utahn
I hope you enjoy it!
Photos are my own and so is this humble recipe.
- cans of van camp's pork and beans
- hot dogs, your choice, sliced
- whole onion, chopped
- cup chopped bell pepper
- rings of pickled jalapeno peppers chopped
- cup bulls eye barbecue sauce
- cup ketchup
- tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4
- cup yellow cornmeal
- cup gluten free flour, or all purpose flour
- tablespoon baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- tablespoon sugar
- tablespoons canola oil
- cup buttermilk
BEANS AND WEINERS
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Set a heavy castiron skillet inside to preheat as well. You want the skillet hot.
In a medium size mixing bowl, add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well with a whisk. Add an egg in a well in the center and the oil, whisk it to gently mix, then add the buttermilk.