APRICOT AND GINGER CHICKEN
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 to 6
- boneless chicken breasts, skinned and each breast cut into 3 pieces
- bottle of russian dressing, wishbone brand (8 ounce size)
- cup apricot sugar free preserves by smuckers
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- teaspoons corn starch
- package lipton dry onion soup mix
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
2PREPARE THE CHICKEN:
Skin the chicken. Remove any bones or fat. Cut each breast into 3 chunks, slicing across the breast. Try to cut the chicken so all the pieces are the same size. Place the chicken pieces in the casserole dish, plump side up.
3MAKE THE SAUCE:
Combine the Russian dressing, apricot preserves, ginger, cornstarch, and onion soup mix. Stir well. Pour over the chicken. The sauce should cover the chicken.
4BAKE THE CHICKEN:
Bake in the preheated oven for one hour or more until tender.
Serve with steamed rice and stir fried vegetables. Enjoy!