Italian Perogie Lasagna
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- cooked lasagna noodles(6 for smaller size baking dish ,9 noodles for a 9x13 dish)
- 5-6 large
- russet potatoes cooked for the mashed potatoes, i slice mine for faster cooking time.
- 1/2 stick
- enough milk to make mashed potatoes i would say about 1/4-1/2 cup
- 1 lb
- italian sausage mild or hot browned with the onions
- 1 medium
- sweet onion sliced
- 3 c
- grated american or cheddar cheese
1Cook lasagna noodles, i cook a couple of extra noodles in case they tear up. Peel and sliced potatoes, boil till done and drain add butter and whip potatoes add milk till you get a med stiff texture.
2Slice onions and add to sausage while browning the meat, chopping up meat fine while cooking. Now your ready to put it together. Spray your dish i use a 8x11 or 9x13, make a layer of noodles in the bottom, spread 1/3 of the mashed potatoes over the noodles, 1/3 of the meat/onions over potatoes and top with 1 cup of cheese, repeat layer again, top with noodles,potatoes and cheese as the last layer. Bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes. Cheese will get golden brown on top. Slice and serve.
38x11 = 6 squares, 9x13= 9=12 pieces.