Whiskey River Beef 'N Bean Chili
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef (or combo of ground beef and pork)
- 2 clove
- minced garlic (or more, to taste)
- 2 ea. can(s)
- 15-ounce diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 ea. can(s)
- 28-ounce tomato sauce
- 2 ea. large
- white or yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 c
- salsa of your choice
- 3 ea. can(s)
- 15-ounce beans of your choice (kidney, chili, black, etc.)
- 2 ea.
- bell peppers, chopped (green, red or yellow)
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- each: oregano; black pepper; celery salt, brown sugar
- 2 tsp
- ground cumin powder
- 1/4 c
- chili powder
- 1 Tbsp
- taco seasoning powder
- 1/2 bottle
- your favorite kind of beer or ale (optional- not necessary if you do not like using alcohol)
- garnishes such as sour cream, guacamole, grated cheese, jalapeno pepper slices, etc.
1Brown ground beef (and/or pork) in a skillet along with the minced garlic until no longer pink. Drain.
2Put cooked meat in a large soup pot and add tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, salsa.
3Open cans of beans, rinse and drain well. Add to pot.
4Add Peppers, spices, sugar, cumin, chili powder, and taco seasoning mix to pan. Add 1/2 bottle of beer if desired. Stir to blend.
5Cook on stove top on low (stirring often) for 2 hours. Chili is even better if refrigerated overnight and reheated next day. *(or cook in crockpot for 6-8 hours on low)
6Serve in bowls and garnish with sour cream, chopped scallions,grated cheese, guacamole and/or slices of jalapeno peppers, if desired. Tastes great with some homemade corn bread.