TEX-MEX HOT DISH
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large
- bag of your favorite corn tortilla chips (like doritos, santitas, fritos, etc)
- 1 lb
- ground beef, cooked and seasoned with mexican spices (chili powder, a tiny pinch of comino, etc. or just some seasoned salt)
- 1 lb
- can of cooked pinto beans, drained
- 1 can(s)
- (small can) ro-tel tomatoes and green chilies, drained of about half the liquid
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, or can use cream of celery, cream of onion (see **note below)
- 1 small
- can sliced black olives (optional) drained
- 4 to 6 oz
- shredded cheddar or longhorn cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- french fried onion rings
1Spray a medium sized casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange in the bottom of this dish enough tortilla chips to cover the bottom well. Cook and drain the seasoned ground beef and pour into the bottom of the casserole dish over the tortilla chips.
2Pour over this your drained pinto beans, then add partially drained Ro-Tel Tomatoes. Top this with your Cream of Mushroom (or other type) Soup, spreading it around evenly. With your hands, break up some tortilla chips (about 2 hands full) and spread around the top. Doesn't have to completely cover it...
3Add shredded cheese and arrange on top the drained sliced black olives and the french fried onion rings. Place in the preheated oven for about an hour. Cheese on top should be melted and browning somewhat.
4Serve hot with crackers or tortilla chips.
**Note: Campbells makes a Cream of Chile Poblano Soup that is just wonderful for this dish! But I doubt it is available everywhere. If you can get it, this would be the perfect kind of soup to use in this casserole.
Bon apetit' y'all!