Susan's Sunday Pot Roast
We love LOTS of carrots so add as much as you like.
My familiy likes this served over rice.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3-5 lb chuck roast, shoulder roast, texas broil
- 3-4 medium
- garlic cloves quartered
- 2 tsp
- each-salt and pepper mixed in a small bowl
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- jumbo onion, quartered
- 3 large
- stalks celery cut in chunks or slices
- 1/2 c
- optional-dry red wine
- cubes knorr beef bouillon, or equivilent and water to cover/or canned beef broth to cover
- 2-3 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1-2 lb
- carrots, peeled and cut however you desire-chunks, sticks etc.
- 2-3 lb
- potatoes, peeled and quartered
- optional-squashes, beans, other vegetables as desired
- optional-1 can tomatoes
Bring to a boil over high, reduce heat to a simmer.
Add more liquid at any point if needed.
Serve as desired.