Stuffed Taco Burgers
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 c
- crushed doritos (i like to use the spicy chili flavor)
- 2 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp
- onion flakes, dehydrated
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- tomato slices
- sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- jalapeno peppers, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- pepper jack cheese slices
- onion buns (large onion covered kaiser buns)
- salsa, black olives, lettuce leaves, shredded cheese, and chili.
- 3 Tbsp
- each of miracle whip and thousand island dressing
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 dash(es)
- tabasco sauce
1In a large mixing bowl add ground chuck, minced onion and crushed Doritos. In a separate bowl add beaten egg and taco seasoning. mix well and pour over meat and mix well.
2Shape 12 balls from the meat to make 12 4inch round and 1/4" thick patties.
Assemble patties by placing 6 patties on wax papered cookie sheet.
3Top patties with one slice of cheddar cheese, cut 3" circle to fit just inside of patty. top with tomato slice, pepper slices (2 on each patty), and top with pepper jack cheese slice cut to 3" circle. Top each with the other beef patties to cover toppings, pinch all around the edge to seal the burger shut.
4Place on Grill medium high heat, and cook 10 minutes, 5 minutes on each side. or until it is done enough for your taste.
5Place on buns and top with desired toppings.
* I like to top mine with extra shredded cheese, black olives, Sauteed onions. Wrap in foil and place on the grill for an extra 5 minutes with the top on the grill. Then I open the foil and finish topping my burger then add my special sauce.
6My special sauce; Add the miracle whip, thousand Island dressing and horseradish together with the Tabasco sauce. Mix well.