So Good, "Iowa Chili"
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 medium
- tomatoes, quartered or 3 -14.5 oz cans tomatoes
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- green bell peppers, chopped
- jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder, or more to taste
- 1 tsp
- 3 can(s)
- beans, i use 1 each of chili beans, black beans and pork and beans
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 lb
- ground beef, browned
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced, more or less to taste.
- 1 - 6oz can(s)
- tomato paste
1If starting with fresh tomatoes, simmer tomatoes along with onions, garlic, and both kind of peppers. Add salt and chili powder. Let simmer on low until onions and peppers are tender.
2If you have an immersion blender use it to just break of the tomato skins a little bit. You don't want to make it smooth. If you use diced tomatoes you may be able to cut your time down and won't need to do this.
3Add the browned ground beef, the beans, tomato paste, and brown sugar. Let simmer for as long as you like. The longer it goes the better it gets.