Shortcut Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Contadina sweet/sour sauce has pineapple chunks, and of all canned varieties its taste is best.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- frozen meatballs (about 40 in count)
- 2 (15-oz) can(s)
- sweet and sour sauce (i prefer contadina brand the most, but any brand will work)
- 1 (15-oz) can(s)
- pineapple chunks (don't drain)
- 1 large
- green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 small
- sweet onions (vidalla, walla walla), each peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- cooked white rice, for serving (optional)
1Preheat oven to 350°F.
2Place meatballs on a microwave-safe dish, cover with a paper towel, and cook on high setting for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
3Add sweet and sour sauce, pineapple chunks (with liquid), pepper chunks, and onion wedges to a 9x13-inch baking dish or roasting pan. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Add the cooked meatballs, and stir to combine all ingredients.
4Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. It's great as is, or it's even better when served over cooked white rice.