Short Ribs with Vegetables
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 - 4 lb
- bone-in beef short ribs
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 3 large
- potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb
- baby carrots or peeled carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large
- onion, coarsly chopped or 12 - 16 boiler onions
- celery ribs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 - 6 clove
- garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 can(s)
- beef broth
- 2 pkg
- brown gravy mix
3Transfer ribs to slow cooker on top of vegetables. Add garlic.
4In the same skillet used to brown ribs, add beef broth and gravy mix and heat until mixed well. Pour over ribs and vegetables in slow cooker.
5Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours (or on high setting 4 to 5 hours) or until meat is fork-tender and falling off the bones.
6Using tongs, transfer ribs to deep platter; discard bones if you like. With spoon, skim fat from sauce in slow cooker and discard fat. Spoon vegetables and sauce over ribs.