Short Ribs Braised in Porter Ale w/Maple & Rosemary Glaze
They are great served with Seasoned
& Roasted Potato Chunks; cut them medium small. Season as you like and they can be roasted in the oven.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 1/2-4 lb
- meaty bone in short ribs.
- coarse salt & ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large
- yellow onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- carrot, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup
- beef or chicken broth; or water
- 3 3-4 inch
- sprigs of fresh rosemary (divided)
- 1 1/2 c
- porter ale, more if necessary; don't use stout ale as it is too strong.
- 1 large
- or 2 small bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp.
- pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp.
- prepared horseradish
1If you have the time and forethought, Beef short ribs
benefit greatly from advance salting. This mini cure
will tighten the meat a bit, improve its texture, help it to brown more readily in the first step of the braze, and deepen its hearty taste.
21. Trim any excess fat from short ribs, but don't take off any of the silver skin or tough looking bits that hold the ribs together.