Short Ribs Braised in Porter Ale w/Maple & Rosemary Glaze
They are great served with Seasoned
& Roasted Potato Chunks; cut them medium small. Season as you like and they can be roasted in the oven.
- 3 1/2-4 lb
- meaty bone in short ribs.
- coarse salt & ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large
- yellow onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- carrot, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup
- beef or chicken broth; or water
- 3 3-4 inch
- sprigs of fresh rosemary (divided)
- 1 1/2 c
- porter ale, more if necessary; don't use stout ale as it is too strong.
- 1 large
- or 2 small bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp.
- pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp.
- prepared horseradish
benefit greatly from advance salting. This mini cure
will tighten the meat a bit, improve its texture, help it to brown more readily in the first step of the braze, and deepen its hearty taste.