Shepherd Pie With Leftover Roast Beef and Potatoes
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pot roast, cubed (leftover)
- 3⁄4 cup gravy, leftover
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, leftover
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups biscuit mix, instant
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn, prepared according to package directions (or mixed vegetables)
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Add beef and cook until browned, add the gravy to heat up. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Combine biscuit mix and 1 1/2 cups of milk. The mix should be thinner than that of normal biscuit mix but not runny.