Quick Pepper Steak
I had always used "Round Steak" as my mother did. I found myself with a package of stew bf and decided to use the fresh veggies I had. The stew beef cooked faster and was very tender.
The key to a recipe like this, is to never let the water boil off..you have a dinner in half the time as if you had used a tougher cut of meat. (Next I will try Beef and Broccoli using stew bf!)
- 2 lbs stew beef
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 large vidalia onion, thin sliced
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 2-30oz can(s)
- tomato sauce
- salt, pepper (to taste) and a couple dashes garlic pepper
Once the meat is fork tender..serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.