Quick and Easy Shephards Pie
So here's one for the busy busy mom's! Again the original recipe (found in a Woman's Day Article about three years back) is posted, along with any changes I make in "".
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (i use previously steamed in bag or steamed fresh veggies)
- 1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 oz jar bistro au jus gravy
- 2 lb refrigerated mashed potatoes (i use homemade you can use store bought)
- parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
1Heat broiler. Heat ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, garlic, thyme,garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook, breaking up meat, 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in vegetables, tomatoes and gravy; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
2Meanwhile, heat potatoes in microwave as package directs. Drop spoonfuls of potatoes on top of beef mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan. Place under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes until topping is browned.