Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes/ Beef stew
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3-5 lb beef pot roast
- envelope lipton beefy-onion soup mix
- 2 lb
- baby carrots
- 8 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cut in large chunks
- 2 can(s)
- beef broth
- weber mesquite seasoning
- ground garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 can(s)
- cut green beans (drained)
- 1 can(s)
- whole kernel corn (drained)
- pouches swanson's flavor-boost concentrated broth
- 4 Tbsp
- leftover roast cut into bite size pieces
- leftover carrots and potatoes cut into bite size pieces.
- 1 small
- chopped onion (can substitute dried chopped onion)
FOR 2ND MEAL
1Trim excess fat from roast. Sprinkle seasonings on roast and pierce all over with fork. Empty bag of whole baby carrots into large crock pot set on high. Place roast on top of carrots. Add potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Prepare soup mix according to package directions and pour into crock pot. Add cans of broth to cover meat and vegetables. Cook covered on high for 8 hours until meat is done and carrots and potatoes are fork tender.
2Refrigerate any leftovers including broth to make beef stew as 2nd meal.
3For Beef Stew, drain reserved broth into large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cut leftover roast into bite size chunks, slice leftover baby carrots and potatoes into small chunks. Add can of green beans and corn. heat thoroughly.
4Once stew is hot and bubbly, disolve 4 heaping T flour into 1/4 c cool water until smooth. Add 2 packets Swansons flavor boost concentrated broth. Stir to combine. Add to bubbling broth to thicken and add flavor. Serve hot. Great over hot buscuits!