Portugese Kale Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 large
- beef shank
- 2 pkg
- portugese chourico, sliced
- 1 large
- bundle fresh kale, washed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper
- 5 large
- fresh carrot, peeled and sliced
- 4 lb
- white potatoes
- bay leaves
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
1Use an Extra Large, Tall Pan about 5 gallon size if you have it.
1. Put beef shank in bottom of empty pan.
22. Pour water over beef shank to cover and simmer on low to make a broth - about 30 min.
33. Add spices and simmer - about 30 min.
44. Fill pan 3/4 full with water, add Diced Potatoes and Carrots. Increase heat to slow boil until veg. are almost done.
55. Wash fresh kale well, chop and add to boiling pan.
66. Cover pan slightly and let slow boil until kale is done. Veggies should be done at this same time too, or continue to cook until Potatoes and Carrots are done.
7Remove Bone and Chop Beef to bite size pieces. Put beef back into the soup.
8That's it! Tear off a piece of bread (we do not like to use a knife to break bread) and enjoy.