Not So Classic Burger
Note: Clearly you can take liberties with the spicy ingredients if you have do not enjoy the heat.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- cole slay, (store bought is fine)
- 6 Tbsp
- pickled jalapeno, chopped fine
- 1/4 c
- sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef, 80/20
- 4 Tbsp
- softened butter
- onion rolls, split
- 1 small
- red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- sliced pepper jack cheese
- chili flavored potato chips, kettle style
1In a medium bowl, combine the slaw and jalapenos.
2in a small bowl combine the sun-dried tomatoes, chipotle chile and adobo sauce
3Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
4In a medium bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties.
5Place a relatively deep thumb print in each patty to keep from shrinking. Cook to desired doneness and add pepper jack sliced until slightly melted.
6Once patties are done and while resting, spread butter on the roles and grill until toasted.
7Spread tomatoe-chipotle mixture on tops and bottom of the rolls.
8On each roll bottom, add red onion, potato chips, burger patty, cole slaw and add the roll top.