Never Fail Shepard's Pie
1. You can make in a big hurry with instant potatoes (add about 1/2 cup water more) by not baking it in the oven
2. You can make it in the crock pot (make potatoes a bit more softer)
3. Can bake faster without worry, at a higher temperature.
This dish should become "your own" after making it, some times.
My family loves it and I have made it all different ways.
The recipe I am posting is my and my family's favorite version.
- 4 lb
- potatoes, russets
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 medium
- onions, yellow, medium
- 2 can(s)
- whole kernel corn, drained or 2 cups of frozen corn
- 3 can(s)
- cream corn
- 2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- 6 oz
- cream cheese
- 4 oz
- sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
all cans of corn
melt on butter to add a golden crust
put into a 375 degree oven until bubbly throughout and browning the top to your own preference.