My "Almost Famous" Fresh Mozzarella-Stuffed Pesto Burgers
(Photo by me)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lbs.
- (1/2 oz.) packet knorr pesto sauce mix
- (1/2 oz.) packet knorr creamy pesto sauce mix
- 1 lb
- fresh mozzarella, 1 (1 lb.) ball
- kaiser rolls, or nice big rolls from the deli/bakery section
- thin slices roma tomatoes, or other good tomatoes such as beefsteak, etc.
- crisp lettuce leaves, not the wimpy wilty ones...yuck
- paper thin slices red onion
- 4 Tbl.
- mayo, i use hellmann's
- 1 Tbl.
- jarred basil pesto, or more to taste
1Mix dry pesto mixes into hamburger well. Shape into 8 THIN patties, (they will be large). (Make sure edges are nice and smooth, not cracked). Top 4 patties with slices of mozzarella cheese evenly, in the center, within 1/2" to edge. Top each with the remaining patties and seal edges well. In very small bowl, mix mayo and jarred pesto sauce for spreading later. Grill burgers, approximately 12-13 minutes total, turning once, or til burgers are done, over medium-high grill. ***Do not press/flatten burgers with spatula, you will squeeze out all the good juices, seperate the patties and lose half the cheese, too! When burgers are just about done, grill buns lightly. Spread inside top rolls with pesto mayo, place burgers on bottom roll.
Top burgers with lettuce, tomato and onion. Place top rolls on. Enjoy!!