Mimi's Bacon and Cheddar Hamburgers
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/4 lb
- ground beef
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits or make your own if you would like
- 1 c
- grated 4 state cheddar cheese by sargento's
- 3 large
- cloves of garlic using a press
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh ground black peppercorns
- freshly made 5 star hamburger buns from jap website
- lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, mustard or miracle whip and ketchup. we also added sliced american cheese. sliced jalapenos would be good, too.
TOPPINGS FOR THE BURGERS
1Put hamburger meat into a large bowl. Add all ingredients except buns. Lately I have started using a big spoon to mix my meat mixtures. It is less packed that way. Make sure ingredients are well distributed in the meat.
2Using the mixing spoon put some of the meat mixture into a 1-cup size measuring cup. Lightly press meat into cup and then dump it out on a sheet of wax paper (less to clean up!). Press meat into a patty about 1/2-inch thick. Preheat grill if doing these outside.
3Take patties out and place on grill. Watch carefully to keep from blazing up. I came inside to check on the french fries and went back outside to a blaze! 4 of the patties had to be fed to the dog. I didn't have to turn the patties over, but usually I turn them several times while cooking. Cook until done to your preference. We usually like medium but these were well done and were still very moist.
4Take the patties to the serving area and add your favorite toppings, using the fresh buns, YUMMMM! Even though the patties were less than perfectly cooked,they had a great taste and were surprisingly moist and tender. We also added sliced cheese on top but that probably wasn't necessary. I will be making these again, the right way! LOL