Meatloaf Parmigiana Sub on Grilled Italian Rolls
I will make meatloaf, and cool it overnight in the fridge and make these delicious subs the next day.
Or serve as meatloaf parmigiana with a side of pasta. So many delicious ways to eat meatloaf.
I'll make them for my husband's lunch, he likes them warm or cold.
Try it, if you Love meatloaf, you're going to Love this recipe!
I prepare mine GF, which is the way this recipe is written, but you don't have to!
- prepared or leftover meatloaf, sliced one inches thick -- about 8 slices, depending on size of meatloaf
- 1 1/2 c
- gluten free flour (you can use all purpose flour if not preparing gf)
- 2 medium
- eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- gluten free italian seasoned bread crumbs (you can use regular italian seasoned bread crumbs if not preparing gf)
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- italian rolls
- 1 qt
- your favorite italian sauce
Cut into one inch thick slices.
add to first bowl, gluten free all purpose flour (or regular all purpose flour).
In the second bowl, add eggs and water, mixed together.
In third bowl, add gluten free Italian seasoned bread crumbs (or regular Italian seasoned bread crumbs)
Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
Dredge meatloaf in flour, dip in egg-wash, then in breadcrumbs.
Be meatloaf is completely coated.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese, (about 1/4 cup each slice of meatloaf). Bake an additional 5 minutes.
Again, heat butter in skillet. Open rolls and place open side down to lightly "grill." Just until browned. (can use a garlic butter for this process if you like)
Or Serve as meatloaf Parmigiana with a side of pasta and sauce.