Intense Grilled Bacon Burgers
Since the fish sauce is salty (I think its more earthy tasting), I use less salt in the meat.
The portions I listed are meant for a big crowd; adjust amounts to how many burgers you want.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 lb
- ground italian sausage (or 3 links, with sausage filling removed from casings)
- 1 pt
- mushrooms, finely chopped
- medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- chopped, crisp bacon (or bacos)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- fish sauce (i used thai kitchen brand... its mostly readily available at grocery stores)
- 1 c
1Incorporate all ingredients except the water, in big plastic bowl. Mix well; I use my hands to make sure everything is combined thouroughly.
2Cover bowl and let sit overnight in fridge.
3Take meat out about an hour before ready to grill. Now mix in the water, create your patties (I like to make mine large and flat, since on the grill they shrink).
4Sear on grill in direct heat for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Then grill about 3-4 minutes on each side on indirect heat (or however "done" you like your burgers).