Honey Barbecue Meatloaf
1 lb 90% lean ground beef
1 slice white bread, ground to crumbs in food processor -or- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
3/4 cup smoky barbecue sauce, divided
2 tablespoons honey, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Toss one slice of soft white bread in your food processor and grind it into crumbs.
2. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, fresh bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce, the spicy brown mustard, 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, salt, and black pepper.
3. Shape the mixture into a long, thick log and place in an oiled baking dish. Be careful not to pack the meat too tightly or you’ll end up with a very dense, tough loaf.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, and 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce. Spread half of this mixture evenly all over the meatloaf. Reserve the other half for serving.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Slice and drizzle with reserved honey barbecue sauce.
Nutrition info for 1 serving: Calories: 310, Fat: 14.9g, Cholesterol: 58.7mg, Carb: 25.8g, Fiber: 0.7g, Sugars: 20g, Protein: 16.8g