Homemade Beef Jerky
- 4 lbs london broil beef or 4 lbs flank steaks
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, more if you like it hot
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frank's red hot sauce
Trim all fat off meat.
Cut steak in to 4 inch strips.
The steak should be about 1/2 inch thick.
It's easier to cut meat partially frozen.
Pound meat lightly, you don't want it too thin.
Add all ingredients in a large bowl.
Cover and refrigerate overnight (8 hrs).
Line cookie sheets with tin foil.
Place steak strips on sheets, don't overlap meat.
Set oven at lowest temperature. (150-175°F).
Bake six hours, turning after three hours.
Jerky is done when meat is dried out, depending on your oven.
Worth the wait!