Green Chilies Steak
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 Tbsp
- oil for cooking, you may need more
- 2 lb
- beef top round steak, boneless, cubed
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 can(s)
- rotel tomatoes and green chilies with the juice(mild, original, or hot choose your heat level)
- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz. petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 c
- beef broth, reduced sodium
- salt and pepper, be careful if you broth has salt
- cooked rice
1Heat 1/2 the oil in a dutch oven. Add half of the beef and 1 T. flour. (you can dredge the beef if you want but why bother)
2Sautee until browned, stirring occasionally.
3Remove from the pot and repeat with the remaining oil, beef and flour.
4When the second batch is almost browned, add the onion and garlic. Cook until transparent.
5Add back the first batch of beef then add salt and pepper, oregano, un-drained can of Rotel, un-drained tomatoes, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
6Cover and simmer for approximately 2 hours. If it gets to thick at any point add water. If the tomatoes are too acidic when you taste it add a teaspoon of sugar. It's done when the beef is fork tender. The sauce should have thickened to a gravy consistency.
7Serve over cooked rice.