Crockpot Balsamic London Broil
I love creating from scratch. I bought a beautiful 3 pound London Broil on sale and decided the best way to minimize the shrinkage was to make it in the Crockpot. You want to have a tasty gravy to go on that London Broil so here is where my creativity comes in. Thank you Lord, the gravy turned out with just the right thickness for my family’s taste and the London Broil was so juicy on the inside with hardly any shrinkage. All I can say is the sounds at the dinner table were mmmm, mmmm, good!!!
- oval crockpot is best but round will do also
- pan for searing london broil
- set of measuring spoons
- long handled spoon for stirring in crockpot
- knife for slicing and cutting veggies
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1 -10 1/2 oz
- can of campbell's french onion soup
- 32 oz
- beef broth (i used 1 box of swanson)
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder with parsley
- full twists of black peppercorn in grinder
- 20 oz
- 1 tsp
- gold medal wonder to thicken gravy
- stalk of celery cut into 3 pieces and then sliced down the middle
- 3-4 lb
- london broil (defrosted)
- baby carrots fresh & whole
- 1 -14.24 oz
- can of french style green beans or 1 small frozen bag
- (feel free to add 3-4 raw potatoes cut into quarters, 1 small frozen bag of corn, and/or mixed veggies if you want more of a stew kind of meal
UTENSILS & COOKWEAR
AU JUS GRAVY:
LONDON BROIL & VEGGIES
1OF COURSE YOU CANNOT BEGIN TO COOK UNTIL YOU PUT ON YOUR "JUST A PINCH" APRON!
2SECRET TO THIS RECIPE: Before placing the London Broil in the Crockpot I put a little Olive Oil in a frying pan and when it begins to get warm I sear the London Broil in the Olive Oil for 3 or 4 seconds each side (top, bottom and all sides). This keeps the London Broil from shrinking too much during cooking (a trick I learned from Paula Dean).
3Plug in Crockpot and set on HIGH. Put into Crockpot all of the GRAVY INGREDIENTS EXCEPT THE WONDER and stir well. Taste the gravy to see if you need to add more spices to satisfy your family’s taste buds.
4Let the GRAVY get a little hot and add the WONDER. During the cooking time check the gravy and add Wonder to thicken the gravy to the texture you want.
5Place the LONDON BROIL in the center of the Crockpot.
6Place the CARROTS, CELERY and FRENCH STYLE GREEN BEANS around the sides of the London Broil. (If you are going to add Raw Potatoes and/or other veggies now is the time to add them.) Place the lid on the Crockpot.
7Stir around the sides of the London Broil every 2 hours until done. Add Wonder if you desire a thicker gravy. Cook for 6 hours.
8This dish is not meant to be a stew. Once the London Broil is cooked it should be taken out of the Crockpot, placed on a platter and sliced. Then place on either a separate or the same platter the Carrots and Green Beans (and other Veggies or Potatoes you may have added). Place the gravy in a gravy boat.
9I served this meal with mashed potatoes topped with the gravy and a green salad.