Crock Pot Tacos
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped and cooked a bit with the meat
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 can(s)
- rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 can(s)
- refried beans
- 1 c
- lettuce, shredded
- tomato, chopped
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped (optional)
- jalapeno or serrano pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, grated (you can also use monterrey jack, or jalapeno jack)
- flour tortillas (you can use corn tortillas if you prefer, or a combination of both!)
- salsa and/or sour cream (optional)
1Add hamburger meat to a skillet with 1/2 cup of chopped onion. When browned, drain off the fat, and add to crock pot.
2Add one package of taco seasoning mix to the crock pot.
3Add one can of Rotel tomatoes, drained to the crock pot.
4Add 1/2 can of refried beans to the crock pot. (Sometimes I will use the whole can, it is a matter of taste. The more refried beans you add, the looser the consistency.)
5Stir well, cover and cook on low until warmed through. You can keep the mixture in the crock pot, warm and ready to eat for 3-4 hours.
6Warm both sides of each flour tortillas on the stove burner. Only leave the tortilla on the burner for 10-15 seconds, and then turn over. You can use a skillet to warm them as well, but I have always used the burner method. You can warm the tortillas ahead of time and keep in a warmer for an hour or less. But they are best when warmed right before eating.
7Add about 1/2 cup of meat mixture to your tortilla, and top with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, peppers, grated cheese, salsa and sour cream as desired.