Corned Beef & Cabbage
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4-pound corned beef brisket - 'silverside' if you can get it; many butchers are familiar with the term and can prepare your cut of brisket in this special way. but, do allow them several days to prepare it properly.
- 3 large carrots, cut into large chunks
- 6 to 8 small onions, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon powdered english mustard
- 1 large spring of fresh thyme and several parsley stalks tied together
- 1 cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pt whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- whip cream until it stand in peaks. fold in horseradish.
1. Put the corned beef into a large pot with the carrots, onions, mustard powder and herbs.