Chili and chips in a bag
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 5 pounds ground chuck
- 3 1/2 cups water
- two cans crushed tomatoes, 28 ounces each
- one can tomato paste, 12 ounces
- five packages chili seasoning mix, 1.75 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 24 bags corn chips such as fritos corn chips
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions for topping
1in a large Dutch oven, cook ground Chuck over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, or until browned and crumbly. Drain well. Return to pan. Add water, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili seasoning, sugar, and salt, stirring to mix.
2Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using kitchen shears, cut chip bags open along one side. Spoon chili mixture over chips. Serve with desired toppings. Serve at once. Makes 24 servings.