Caribbean-Spiced Pot Roast
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 1/2 lb
- beef shoulder or boneless chuck roast (well-marbled is best!)
- pimento seeds (also known as alspice)
- scotch bonnet (or less), seeded and diced
- 3-4 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme, cut in small pieces, including stalks
- 1 small
- yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk(s)
- green onion, cut in thin slices
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh garlic, diced
- 1/4 c
- mushroom soy (found in asian cooking section)
- 1 1/2 c
(diy mortar and pestle: coffee cup and thin glass bottle such as a hot sauce bottle.)
Cut pepper in half. Cut out fibers and seeds inside. Cut pepper into thin strips,stack and cut into tiny pieces. Set aside.
CAUTION: THE OIL THAT COMES FROM THE PEPPER DURING DICING IS VERY HOT. WASH KNIFE AND CUTTING SURFACE IMMEDIATELY AND TOSS GLOVES IN GARBAGE.
Tip: Don't move the roast while a side is browning, or it won't brown well.