- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- 5 heaping teaspoons of morton's "tender quick" curing salt
- 2 1/2 heaping teaspoons of mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Day 2: Knead again; cover and continue refrigerating.
Day 3: Form meat into four rolls. Place rolls on an oven grill pan or wire rack; place the grill/rack on/inside a cookie sheet, so excess fat can drip. Bake 7 hours at 150 degrees. Turn rolls 45 degrees every 2 hours.
Store in the fridge or freezer