Beasty Buttery Beer Bread
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 c
- self rising flour (sifted....pls do not skip this step it does make a huge difference in the texture of the bread :)if you are using
- 1/4 c
- table sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 can(s)
- any type of beer, dark makes for a more pungent beer flavor ( non alcoholic beer may be sub'd)
- 1/2 c
- butter melted...yes a half cup!
- you may add spices such as italian seasoning, garlic powder, as well as herbs such as rosemary, chives, etc.
- one of my favorites versions is to add sunflower seeds to the batter and top with 1/2 c saurkraut ( squeeze the liquid out)
1Preheat oven to 375 D and spray or grease a typical loaf pan
2mix all dry ingredients with beer and pour into prepared loaf pan.Add any toppings if any, and gently pat into the dough. Pour all of the liquid gold (butter) over the top of mixture.
3Bake for 50 minutes and let cool at least 10 minutes, The top always appears to be rocky and dry, but it is uber crunchy and the inside is heavenly!