Bacon cheeseburger pizza
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pizza dough, store bought or homemade, enough for two 11 inch pizzas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- herbed pizza sauce, or one 15 ounce can or one 15 1/2 ounce jar pizza sauce
- two medium tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- six slices bacon, cut into 2 inch pieces, crisp cooked and drained
- 3 cups shredded cheddar, american, or cojack cheese, 12 ounces
1make the pizza dough or use store bought. Grease two 11 to 13 inch pizza pan or baking sheets.
On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of dough into a circle 1 inch larger than the pizza pan. Transfer the dough to pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Do not let rise. Bake in a 425° oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
2Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain fat. Spread pizza sauce over hot crusts. Sprinkle with ground beef mixture. Top with tomato slices and bacon pieces. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 12 minutes more or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly. Makes eight servings.