Fresh Pasta with Onion and Pork
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/4 lb. pork loin sirloin chops (or pork shoulder blade steaks)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 med. onion (10 oz.), cut into narrow wedges
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian recipe stewed tomatoes
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) linguini pasta
- Grated parmesan and fresh or dried minced herbs
1Trim off fat from the chops or blade steaks.
2Trim the meat from bones, and cut into small cubes.
3Dust pork with cumin and oregano.
4Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and pork and sauté until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
5Add tomatoes and heat.
6Cook linguine in boiling water about 2 minutes or as package directs.
7Drain and serve with pork-onion sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese and herbs.