Texas Grapefruit Sunriser Smoothie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 large
- red grapefruit
- strawberries (fresh or partially frozen)
- banana, sliced (reduced from 2 bananas)
- 8 oz
- plain yogurt, greek yogurt or strawberry-banana flavored yogurt
- 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract or vanilla paste (i added this because i love vanilla with grapefruit)
- ground ginger or a little bit of freshly grated ginger or ground star anise (optional but oh so good!)
- 1 c
- crushed ice
1Juice the grapefruit. Pour the grapefruit juice into a blender. Add strawberries, banana, yogurt, vanilla extract, *spices and crushed ice. Combine all the ingredients in an electric blender and whirl until smooth.
2* Note: For my second version I omitted the grated ginger and added a pinch of ground star anise.