Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate pieces
- 4 oz milk chocolate pieces (or white, mint,etc. chocolate)
- flavorings of your choice ( extracts, such as rum, almond, mint, etc. or spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, etc)
- 20 to 24 plastic spoons
2. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Dip spoons into chocolate, tapping the handle of the spoon against the side of the pan to remove excess chocolate. Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
3. Place milk chocolate (or chocolate of your choice) in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate begins to melt.
4. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Place the melted chocolate in a small, heavy self-sealing bag. Using scissors, make a small cut in the corner of the bag; drizzle on or both sides of the covered spoons, making a decorative pattern. (Small dots, zigzag lines, circles, etc.) Note: The above 2 steps can be reversed if you like! Get 6 ozs. of white chocolate to cover the spoons and 4 ozs. of chocolate of your choice to use to decorate the spoons. Also, don’t rule out various flavored chips- raspberry, butterscotch, etc.
5. Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Wrap each spoon separately in clear or colored plastic wrap. Use ribbon to tie off plastic wrap. Store in a cool dry place until ready to give as gifts.
6. Place chocolate covered spoons in a new coffee mug and give along with other homemade goodies.