- 14 oz
- unsweetened coconut milk (read *note below in step #6)
- 1/4 c
- honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, cane sugar, raw sugar, agave, etc. (your choice)
- limes, washed well
- 2 T.-1/4 c
- granulated sugar (reduced from 1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp
- sweetened condensed coconut milk (or use regular sweetened condensed milk)
- 3 c
- filtered water
- 3/4 c
- crushed ice (approximately 3/4 cup because the original recipe does not specify)
- ice cubes
SWEETENED CONDENSED COCONUT MILK:
Reduce the heat, bringing the coconut milk to a simmer, then add the sweetener, whisking until it’s completely dissolved.
*Note (from original recipe source): "I don’t recommend using low-fat or light coconut milk, since those versions are usually just coconut milk that’s diluted with water to lower the fat content. You’ll have to boil the coconut milk longer, and will have less condensed milk as a result– wasting your time and money. Use the full-fat stuff for best results!"
Remove from the heat then set aside to cool completely before using in recipes. The mixture will thicken up as it cools.
Taste the limeade and if desired make corrections-does it need more condensed (coconut) milk, more sugar?
Cover and refrigerate until later or serve immediately over ice cubes.