Vanilla Coffee White Hot Chocolate
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 oz
- white baking chocolate with cocoa butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 c
- milk (half-and-half, or light cream)
- 1/3 c
- hot strong coffee
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- grated nutmeg, cinnamon, chocolate-flavor candy sprinkles (optional)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- brandy, as you wish (per serving, use less, more as you like)
BRANDIED WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE (OPTIONAL)
1In a medium heavy saucepan combine white chocolate and 1/3 cup of the milk.
Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Add the remaining 1 2/3 cups milk.
Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
Stir in coffee and vanilla.
2Serve in latte mugs or drinking bowls.
If desired, top with ice cream and sprinkle with given choices.
3Brandied White Hot Chocolate:
4Prepare as directed, except add 2 to 3 tablespoons brandy to white chocolate mixture when adding the coffee and vanilla.