THE ULTIMATE MARGARITA
This is a classic, smooth margarita. But watch out ... this is the kind of drink that will sneak up on you before you know it. Great for your next fiesta!
- note: the ingredients listed below all work together to create the ultimate margarita. don't make any substitutions and you will not be disapointed.
- shot of bols brand triple sec (1 ounce)
- cup of contreau
- cup of jose quervo brand of tequila
- about 2 cups of mr. and mrs. t's brand of sweet and sour mix
- lime sliced
- margarita salt for rims of glasses (not table salt)
- large margarita glasses chilled in freezer, nice and frosty.
Plan ahead and it will go smoothly. Give your margarita glasses a quick rinse and set them in the freezer for an hour or so, and they will have a beautiful rim of frost on them when you take them out. (If you are making margaritas for 30 or 40 people, you can use small martini glasses, set them on a tray and put the tray in the freezer.) Slice the lime into wedges and cut the center of each with a sharp knife so it rests on the rim of the glass. Have your margarita salt poured into a saucer ready to use.
Add 1 shot of Bols Triple Sec, 1/3 cup Contreau, 2/3 cup of Jose Quervo tequilla.