The recipe is simple to follow & not too messy.
Please give me your feedback!
- 1 lb
- fine egg noodles
- water as needed to cook noodles
- 1 lb
- ricotta cheese [i prefer whole milk but any kind will work]
- 1/2 lb
- cream cheese, room temperature [i use philadelphia brand but any will work]
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- milk [i use silk very vanilla]
- 1/4 lb
- butter, room temperature, sweet [unsalted]
- large pot for cooking noodles
- long spoon for stirring noodles
- long spoon for mixing ingredients
- large bowl for mixing noodles and all other ingredients
- 9 inch x 11 inch glass pan [greased] or 2 square foil trays to make 2 smaller kugels
- aluminum foil to cover pan/trays
- hand or standing mixer
After 1st 30 minutes, check for done by inserting knife every 15 minutes. Kugel is done when inserted knife comes out clean.
Remove foil last 15 minutes. Judge by your preference for top crunchiness. [I don't like it brown or crunchy at all, but that's just me].