The recipe is simple to follow & not too messy.
Please give me your feedback!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- fine egg noodles
- water as needed to cook noodles
- 1 lb
- ricotta cheese [i prefer whole milk but any kind will work]
- 1/2 lb
- cream cheese, room temperature [i use philadelphia brand but any will work]
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- milk [i use silk very vanilla]
- 1/4 lb
- butter, room temperature, sweet [unsalted]
- large pot for cooking noodles
- long spoon for stirring noodles
- long spoon for mixing ingredients
- large bowl for mixing noodles and all other ingredients
- 9 inch x 11 inch glass pan [greased] or 2 square foil trays to make 2 smaller kugels
- aluminum foil to cover pan/trays
- hand or standing mixer
1Leave out butter, cream cheese & ricotta cheese to soften to room temperature.
2Preheat oven to 450 degrees
3Boil large pot of water for noodles. Cook. Use colander to drain thoroughly.
4In large bowl:
5Add eggs & butter. Mix [using hand or standing mixer] 1 minute.
6Add ricotta cheese. Mix 1 minute.
7Add sugar. Mix 1 minute.
8Add milk & vanilla. Mix 2 minutes.
9Add drained noodles into the large bowl with the mixed ingredients. Using long spoon, stir noodles & Mixture until well blended.
10Pour mixture into greased pan or foil trays.
11Cover with aluminum foil.
12Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
13Bake 1 hour total.
After 1st 30 minutes, check for done by inserting knife every 15 minutes. Kugel is done when inserted knife comes out clean.
Remove foil last 15 minutes. Judge by your preference for top crunchiness. [I don't like it brown or crunchy at all, but that's just me].
14When done, remove from oven. Let stand for 15 minutes.
15Some people like to dip the kugel into sour cream on side of plate.