Cookies 'n' Cream... A Dieter's Dream!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- instant coffee granules
- 1 large
- 2 1/2 c
- 1% low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp
- kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- reduced-fat cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as reduced fat oreos), divided
- 1 1/2
- frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
11. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Cook milk in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat to 180 degrees or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Gradually add hot milk to egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan; cook over medium heat until thick (3 minutes), stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Kahlua. Pour into a medium bowl; place bowl in a larger bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally until mixture is cool.
22. Coarsely chop 8 cookies; fold chopped cookies and whipped topping into pudding. Spoon about 1/2 cup cookie mixture into each of 8 (6-ounce) small parfait glasses or custard cups. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until cold. Top each serving with a cookie.
3Makes 8 servings. Nutritional values per serving: 227 calories (21% from fat), 5.4g fat (sat 3g), 5.1g protein, 40.2g carbohydrates, 0.7g fiber, 31mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium and 107mg calcium.