Tiered fruit pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- see directions
3 ½ Cups flour
18 Tablespoons butter
2/3 cup water
2 Teaspoons salt
1. Cut butter into small pieces and rub into flour, until mixture resembles sawdust.
2. Dissolve salt into half of the water, add to the flour mixture. Combine quickly with your fingertips without overworking. Just until dough comes together. If necessary add more water as required.
3.Form into a disk and wrap with wax paper.
4.Chill for 2 hours.
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground Cloves
½ Cup raisins
1 cup almond milk(because this is sprinkled on generously,you may use more or less. Almond milk is a thickener, because of the fat content, using more than the cup will not make the pie wet.)
1.Prepare Pastry, wrap in wax paper and chill until needed.
2 Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3.Divide dough into thirds, refrigerate unused portions of dough.
4.Roll first third of dough in a large enough circle to fit a 9 inch pie pan. Sprinkle the dough with sugar and cloves, press sugar into the dough with rolling pin.
5.Line pie pan with dough, arrange crushed hazelnuts over the sugared pastry.
6.Sprinkle liberally with almond milk.
7.Divide second third of dough in half.
8.Roll half of dough to fit on top of the hazelnuts. Sprinkle with sugar and cloves press into dough. Place on top of hazelnuts.
9.Coursely chop dates, and arrange them on top of this layer of dough.
10.Sprinkle liberally with almond milk.
11. Roll out the other half the 2nd piece of dough and sprinkle with sugar & cloves, place on top of the dates.
12. Arrange raisins on top of this layer, and sprinkle liberally with almond milk.
13. Roll out remaining dough, and cover with the pie, sealing edges well.
14. Bake for an hour.