Strawberry Share Pie
I shared one pie with my neighbor who picked up my mail while I was away recently.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 pre-made graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- few drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small pkg. strawberry jell-o
- 3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- cool whip or homemade whipped cream, for serving (optional)
1In bowl of electric mixer, mix cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and food coloring, if using. Beat well until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
2In a small sauce pan mix sugar and flour. Slowly add water, and mix with wire whisk to dissolve sugar and flour. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture looks almost clear.
3Remove from heat and stir in strawberry Jell-O. Remove from stove and set aside to cool; then set in fridge to cool more, until thickened to the consistency of egg whites.
4Spoon cold cream cheese mixture into the two crumb crusts, and smooth out the tops.
5Top with sliced fresh strawberries; pour over cooled strawberry glaze. Refrigerate until set.
6Serve with Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream.